COP27 Resilience Hub Synthesis Report
Key insights on adaptation and resilience from COP27 and the Resilience Hub
“The Resilience Hub is playing an essential role to accelerate the ambition, action and investment that is urgently needed on adaptation and resilience.”
— Dr Mahmoud Mohieldin, UN Climate Change High-Level Champion for Egypt, COP27
The COP27 Resilience Hub Synthesis Report is available now
The report synthesises the main messages from the COP27 Resilience Hub and aims to help set the direction for future action towards COP28 and beyond.
It has been created with key takeaways given by the session leads of the 72 sessions which took place at the Resilience Hub, in addition to the over 15,000 global participants who took part in-person and online.
The report first provides an overview of the key adaptation and resilience decisions and announcements that took place during COP27; it then offers concluding remarks on next steps towards COP28 and beyond.
Five cross-cutting messages emerged:
- Scaling action on adaptation and resilience is inextricably linked to, and a prerequisite for, containing the magnitude of Loss and Damage.
- While significant finance gaps remain, a wider diversity of financial actors are taking action to embed resilience as part of strategies, operations, and reporting.
- The spectrum of mitigation, adaptation and resilience, and Loss and Damage requires a concerted approach to the governance of implementation.
- Arts, heritage, and culture must be at the heart of adaptation and resilience action – protecting them is key to thriving livelihoods and human development.
- Locally-led adaptation (LLA) and resilience implementation requires radical collaboration across actors and scales.
Besides summarising the key overarching messages, the synthesis report presents findings and insights from four Regional Hubs and from the nine themes explored in the Resilience Hub during COP27.
The Regional Resilience Hubs took place in the lead up to COP27 to ensure that best practices on resilience and perspectives of those most susceptible to and affected by climate change are amplified and increasingly drive the agenda at COP.
Help spread the word about the Resilience Hub
Please help spread the word about the Resilience Hub Synthesis Report and inform decision making by using #COPResilienceHub on social media and downloading the report and emailing to your networks.
Missed a session at the Resilience Hub and want to learn more? All sessions are available to re-watch on the Resilience Hub YouTube channel.