A physical and virtual Hub at COP26 and the home of Race to Resilience
Led by global non-state actors from business, investors, civil society, academia, cities and regions, the Resilience Hub will provide an unforgettable immersion into the urgency for action while mobilizing ambition to deliver a resilient world for all, as never before experienced at any COP.
We will start in Glasgow and won’t stop until the job gets done.
- The Resilience Hub will be the home of the UNFCCC’s Race to Resilience that is driving action by non-state actors, showcasing the partner initiatives.
- The Resilience Hub Steering Committee includes the COP26 Presidency, FCDO, UNFCCC and the High Level Champions team.
- It is managed by the Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center at the Atlantic Council, the Global Resilience Partnership and The Resilience Shift.
- It is supported by Glasgow Caledonian University.
- The programme is being organised with the help of over 30 private and public organisations. See Programme page.
- It is largely financed by private sector and philanthropy support. Funding partners include: Anglian Water, Arup, Axa XL Insurance, JP Morgan, Jupiter Intelligence, Willis Towers Watson, Zurich Insurance.
Action on adaptation and resilience has been behind action on mitigation. Yet action on both is essential to deliver a 1.5-degree resilient world and prepare for decades of worsening climate impacts. This is why increased action on adaptation is a priority for the UN Secretary General and why the COP26 Presidency has an explicit goal on adaptation.
While previous COPs have seen an increase in focus on resilience and adaptation it has been spread across different initiatives, spaces and events inside and outside the COP. Adaptation and resilience was “everywhere but nowhere” without a focal point.
The Resilience Hub is designed to meet this challenge. Its central purpose is to advance action on adaptation and resilience at COP26 and beyond, and to help provide a strong collective voice on resilience for all those globally who are working to build a more resilient world.